The key online holiday shopping days have been similar since the Internet went mainstream in the 90’s. What I find particularly interesting is the influence of mobile devices on retail search trends. Google recently released some interesting search data from last year’s (2011) holiday season:
- Searches on Mobile devices peak on Thanksgiving with Black Friday a close second
- Searches on desktops peak on Cyber Monday and show strong preference for Mondays after that until Christmas
Other interesting Holiday 2011 shopping factoids released at the same time include:
- 82% of those surveyed said online influenced which stores they chose to visit
- 25% used more than one device to shop during Holiday 2011
- Google predicts 85% will begin shopping on one device and complete the purchase on another during Holiday 2012
See the full Holiday Quick Guide at Think with Google.